Best Acne Treatment in Singapore
Acne is that dreaded skin affliction that plagues some of us even beyond our twenties. It is the result of clogged pores due to excess sebum, dead skin cells and dirt becoming inflamed with bacteria called P. acnes.
For those of us living in Singapore, the heat and humidity can increase sebum production and worsen acne. If you are on the search for the best acne treatment in Singapore, there are certain ingredients, skincare techniques and precautions you can take to improve your condition.
Power Ingredients to Treat Acne
Salicylic acid is well-known for improving acne — it unclogs pores by removing dead skin cell buildup, breaks down excess oil produced by sebaceous glands and relieves skin inflammation.
Topical antibiotics, like clindamycin, work by slowing and stopping the growth of bacteria that cause acne. Another popular ingredient dermatologists would probably regard as the best acne treatment in Singapore is retinoids, a Vitamin A derivative, prescribed either in a topical or oral form.
Best Acne Treatment in Singapore: An Effective Technique
Some acne treatments employ lymphatic drainage and massage to improve blood and lymphatic circulation, remove toxins and puffiness, plus improve penetration of active skincare ingredients into your skin to reveal healthier, clearer skin.
Tips to Ward off Acne
- Avoid harsh skincare products that will strip skin of its essential oils. This will cause your sebaceous glands to go into overdrive and produce excess oil, exacerbating acne.
- Never pick at and pop zits — this aggravates inflammation.
- Use sunscreen outdoors as UV rays can worsen acne.
- Always remove make-up before bed and wash your face twice daily to keep it clean.
- Reduce refined carbohydrates and greasy processed foods as they increase inflammation, plus drink at least 8–10 glasses of water a day to keep skin hydrated.